Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Smoke and Rain

I finally managed to get up and get Eli off to school this morning. It was very smoky and rainy out all day today and I don't cope well with cloudy yukky smelly days at all.

Today I discovered Starfall.com! What a cool website for learning the alphabet and all the sounds..Sophie is doing her usual learn it extremely fast routine, while Eli just watches in fascination. I'm going to use this with both kids as a sort of at home summer curriculum with the idea of just learning some fun stuff, but hoping that they will absorb it, too.

While I have been writing here, Eli is very frustrated with me because I'm not getting him a cookie. He has used gestures and the word "cookie" but I know he can say the sentence, "I want a cookie" so I am waiting for that to be said rather than get up and run get him a cookie. It's funny, every few days he decides to see what he can get away without saying. I have to stay vigilant and make him keep using words. I know it's hard for both of us, but it's really important.

Starting with a new playgroup tomorrow..if it's successful for me and the kids, I'm totally reconsidering moving to Gainesville, as much as I like it there. Sophie needs kids to play with or I'll have to put her in preschool to get her social time. As it is, I'd like to keep home educating her and give her plenty of play opportunities with other kids. We'll see. She's so smart I feel like we can accomplish a lot of learning that they might not do in a normal preschool setting, yk? On the other hand, she's also very social and needs time to be with other kids.

Today at the store she decided to tickle Eli..he actually liked it but in normal 2 year old fashion, Sophie went overboard and Eli wanted her to stop. It was a good trip though..they sat next to eachother in a special cart and did very well for the most part.

Not much else to say today..I'm being really lazy and not doing chores that I know I need to be doing and I am just plain tired, too.

No comments: