Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Flu found us..ugh..

Well, mostly the flu found me.

Sunday we went to see the Lippizanner Stallions perform at the Jacksonville Equestrian Center, a benefit for the hippotherapy place we love so much. Anyway, as we were sitting there, I thought I was having a weird sensory reaction to the lighting in the place. When we left I had a tremendous headache and neck ache and couldn't wait to get home and get some medicine. We got home, I got some medicine, and I just felt icky and achy most of the evening, then developed a fever. The fever got very high and I had a rough night. Eli also had a rough night, though his fever was low grade so he didn't get medicated.

All day yesterday I couldn't get the fever below 100.4 degrees even with Advil. I felt awful and I kept the kids home thinking they would probably get it too. Eli continued to be slightly feverish but nothing else wrong and Sophie was somewhat lethargic but no fever. After Tom got home I went to sleep for a while and woke up with a spiking fever..it went up to at least 102 (that's when I had to take the thermometer out of my mouth and cough) and I decided to get in the bath. I almost never get high fevers so I felt pretty darn bad. The bath and the advil got the fever back down to 100 or so and I managed to sleep pretty heavily last night. This morning I'm sweaty, but NO fever, thank heavens. I still feel nasty and tired and achy and my throat hurts a bit, but the high fever is broken for good, I hope.

Anyway, because of the fever, I'm calling it a flu bug and not a cold bug. Today i'm going to keep Eli home from school since he still feels warm in his sleep and we'll see about therapies. I want us all to be better by friday for RDI stuff.

That's all for today..the simple act of sitting here has exhausted me!

No comments: