Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Finished the book..

Making Peace with Autism was a really good book, I was filled with ups and downs and spent every minute reading it processing how I feel about autism and my son over and over again. Our sons are not similar..autism comes in many forms, it's a spectrum disorder because like children, each manifestation of the disorder is different.

Elijah is going to be a wonderful person, and is now a wonderful person. I think that is why reading this book was good and bad. I was filled with hope for my son, but also filled with fear that if I don't fight hard enough, he won't get what he needs.

I feel like I'm so very lucky to be his mother, to have a chance to love this special, unique little boy.

In other news...I don't know for sure, but I think we might move to Gainesville this fall. I'm finding myself somewhat uncomfortable with the area we are in now and hope that a change will be good for our family. Tom is still wanting to find people with more in common and he knows people from work that live there that he will travel with. I like the idea of living in a college town with more progressive views and stores and fun places for the kids. We shall see. We will only rent so if we change our minds it's only a year.

Otherwise, we're having a nice, slow day. Last night the children both fell asleep around 7 and didn't get up until 8am this morning. It was amazing. I don't expect it to happen again!!

1 comment:

Maddy said...

I've not come across that one! Would you recommend it?
Best wishes
http://whitterer-autism.blogspot.com