Saturday, May 12, 2007

Lazy Saturday Morning

Not a lot going on in the last few days, so I didn't bother to post. Biggest news is Alexis is not moving home, at least not for a while. I'm pretty sure not for a long time. She has a new boy, which I knew was the case, and I confirmed it yesterday. You can never tell a child, especially an adult child, what is best for them and expect them to listen. I don't expect anything now, I just want her to be happy as I always do. I'm sad she won't be around where people who love her will always be here for her, but at 20 she has to live her own life, and that's OK.

Otherwise, we're just going day by day as we always do. Tom is at an RDI seminar this morning in Gainesville and I miss having him around today. I look forward to weekends when I'm not the only parent in the house dealing with all the stuff. I look forward to being out and about, even if it's only to a park or grocery store. I really just love spending time together with my husband. I hope he knows that!

I feel restless and unstructured today and don't know what to do. I have been house shopping, for rentals and buys and I am still so conflicted as to where to live. In some sense, I want a permanent home with a yard for the kids to play in, and in others I'm afraid to settle for one house in case after a couple of years I don't like it. That's what happened in Atlanta, I think as a result of Tom's unhappiness and just realizing the house had features I wanted missing from it. I really don't want carpet, for example, and while our yard there was really pretty, it was fairly useless as a place for the kids to play in whenever they wanted. So, I have only 2 real requirements in a home now..non-carpeted living areas (the bedrooms can be carpeted), and a fenced in yard. The yard doesn't have to be big, just enough for kids to have a play space that they can be in anytime. It would be a plus to have a screened in porch, or a really nice covered deck, too, but not as necessary as the other two things are. Yesterday I also figured out I want more than 1 bathroom. After that it's just where to live! I'm conflicted between south of here in Clay county, Green Cove Springs. Or Gainesville, which is a progressive college town. I just can't decide what is better for all of us right now. I need some more information about the schools in Gainesville I think, but don't really know where to get it.

Well, that's all for now. Eli has just woken Sophie..I don't think she feels well today :(

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Meg- I just wanted to say I think you are being smart on the house hunting! I wish we would have waited and rented a bit longer. We've been in our home for almost 2 years and I HATE IT! I wish we could have looked and waited for what I really wanted.

Good luck!