Sunday, June 10, 2007

How Amazing..he's wearing us out!

Ok..I'm not complaining..let me just say that first...!! Eli wants to be engaged and playing all the time right now. What a change from the little boy who avoided us all day and played on his own or just sat in a chair..the only time he'd come to one of us was for a snack or a meal..

Last night, after I had already blogged, Eli decided he wanted to play with his parents all night..Sophie fell out around 8:30 and Eli just had to play with me and his dad all night. We had nice long gazes, asking for play, adjusting to our changes in the play, you name it. He was here, with us, for hours. We were exhausted from smiling so much. I'm serious, my smile muscles HURT..so did Tom's!

We did RDI activities in the midst of it all, yes. They were the "breaks" in the large physical play. He seems to really LOVe his activities now and I even caught him today with the spray bottle (which contains water) and a napkin (soaked) spraying and doing a one two woosh woosh to wipe the spray. By himself. So, I set it up with the usual rag and took over the spray bottle and we did it a few more times. I also threw a new variation in the pouring last night, instead of exchanging cups, I poured the water back to his cup. At first he didn't like the change, so I went back to normal, then I threw it in again, and he took to it, even looked at me to check in!!

I hope Angi has some new wrinkles and things for us to do, because he's mastering things so fast that I'm not sure we can keep doing them for much longer.

But the biggest thing with Eli...he is happy. He is smiling, he is joyful, he is with us :D We definitely picked the right way to approach therapy!

No comments: