Wednesday, June 6, 2007

And the week goes on..

And I keep seeing more and more positive things happening with Eli. Progress is happening, even if it doesn't always look like it. Today he kept gazing at me for a long time, as if trying to figure something out. He is also subtly initiating play with me by looking at me and starting a song, I either join in or dance and he holds my eyes and does the same thing.

He called out for his daddy tonight from the bathroom! As soon as he was done in the bath, he got out, opened the door, and started calling, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!". This child didn't say daddy and mommy for a long time (he did when he was a baby, but not in the last year or so), so every time he says it, we're both totally filled with joy. We're both still sitting around stunned that he called for Tom tonight, though!

We really are getting our child back. I seriously think I'm about to become a zealot for RDI. This thing works!

No comments: