Saturday, June 9, 2007

And so it goes..

I was out all day today at a workshop for RDI..a parent training of sorts in which i learned how to do some "framing" or setting up of an activity to accomplish an objective. I got a lot out of it.

When I got home, my son came to find me and get a hug. That was so cool..usually he ignores when people come or go (except his daddy!) so it felt pretty good. Then later he came to find me so that i would play a game with him, the tossing on the bed game. He just grabbed me at first and said, "Again?" and I said, "Again what?" and then he said, "One, two, Three!!" so it was great because we communicated..so we played the game for a bit.

After that, before I started supper, Tom had lifted him to ask what he wanted to eat, and he grabbed the marbles and handed them to his dad. Tom said, Do you want to do the marbles? and Eli said, Pweez! so they did their RDI activity and Eli even got to the point this time where he could take the marbles up on his own and go through the pattern :D He is just turning into such a happy little fellow. Later after supper, he and I were out on the porch and he accidentally flipped over Sophie's little ride on car and I said, "oh oh, it fell down!" and he repeated that and then went and figured out how to turn it upright on his own so I said, "wow, you put it right side up all by yourself!" and then he did it a couple more times, knocked it over and then put it right. Pretty neat stuff.

I am now wondering if his teacher will notice anything different on Monday or if Eli will simply fall back into familiar patterns at school and not show what he is doing with us. Either way is fine, we are only focused on his learning with us, and not worrying about his learning with others right now.

Almost time for vacation! Can't wait to go and see lots of family. Hopefully the kids will do well on the long drive :D

No comments: