Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Finding the Gratitude in Sick Days...

I have to say it was a very quiet week around here, except for the coughing. Sophie has a nasty cough and it's taking a while to clear up. Then today Eli woke up with a slight fever and coughing, so I guess it is his turn.

So here I am, just a little over 24 hours from leaving for the weekend, and confined indoors with a bellyache and sick kids.

What is there to be grateful for? Neither of them is sick enough to take to a doctor. I baked a pumpkin bread just to have something to do and it tastes heavenly. I did the dishes and cleaned up the house, despite the belly ache. I'm so excited about tomorrow I'm probably suffering a nervous belly to be honest, which I know I can recover from quickly.

I'm happy that I have relatively mellow kids who enjoy watching DVDs over and over so I don't have to put a lot of energy into their illnesses. They will just sit and rest and drink fluids. Good kids. It's not a gorgeous day so they are really being very good.

I'm happy that I know my husband can take great care of the kids so I can go away for 5 days and not be worried about them, just miss them all terribly.

When I get back, it'll be time to do a knitting project a week on my blog, I can't wait!

2 comments:

lemonsong said...

I'm so glad you found the blessing in a sick day. How twisted does that sound? LOL

Shelly said...

I'm glad you are able to find gratitude in adversity! I want to see ALL your knitting projects, m'kay?