Thursday, April 26, 2007

What an Afternoon!!

I'm sure no one wants to know about our crazy life, but it helps me to get it out there and stop obsessing about it all.

So, today after we picked up Eli from school, we had about an hour before having to go off to Occupational and Speech Therapy. Both children are really into stripping off their clothes these days, normal kid stuff, but my kids aren't trained, we live in an apartment with really easily stained carpet..

I noticed that Sophie was naked so I told her to go sit on her potty if she had to pee. She went and sat and didn't do anything. I reminded her to sit there if she had to pee or poop. I then went and did some computer stuff, and then went and checked on Eli. He'd stripped and pooped on the floor and proceeded to spread it about the room. Of course, it was time to get ready to go and here I had to clean up a kid and the floor and get him dressed again.

Got that done, and went to go dress Sophie, only to find she had also pooped on the floor, thankfully she didn't play in it, but now I had another child to clean and dress and more floor to clean. It's a wonder we made it to therapy on time, as I was about to hit total mommy meltdown at any moment. Driving calmed me down at least.

Sophie fell asleep in the car so we dropped off Eli at the therapy office and went for a ride, because it was too hot to sit in the car and I really didn't feel like sitting in the waiting room with a sleeping kid for an hour. We got back and got Eli, his ST said..he might have pooped..the OT was concerned and tried to find you. HAHAHAHAHA..well, he hadn't...so I basically deadpanned that oh, he must have tooted. he he he.

Got home, I'm so tired I made some old coffee from this morning just to perk up...went into Eli's room and noticed I'd missed a bunch of poop...sigh. More cleaning. By this time I decided to call Tom and tell him I was done being mommy for a while. Like anyone is ever done with that!!

The good thing today, though, was that I asked the universe to send me something good, like maybe a check in the mail. I was pleasantly surprised when we got home, and not only did the checks from our new account come, but an actual check for money was there too. woohooo!!

Tom is taking us out to dinner so I don't have to cook and cope with making a meal while chasing crazy people. Of course, going out to dinner with a GF/CF child and a toddler who is very messy is always a joy. We leave big tips :D

No comments: