Friday, April 27, 2007

Today...Was not so Easy

I'm worried sick about my older daughter. She is not doing well alone in California, but I won't post the details in public. I love her and I hope I can get her here to Florida soon. She needs loads of help and her family's support.

Eli was kind enough to sleep a 12 hour night last night. He never does that and it was extraordinary. I think he is also much more alive and vibrant today because of it. I narrowly avoided a poop disaster today but he managed to climb the counters in the kitchen and get some foamy soap to play with. I had allowed the kids to paint today but apparantly that was not enough for my sensory seeking little fellow. Out came the rug cleaner so I could clean the chair where he deposited the foam! At least it smells really good in here now :D

I'm tired and sweaty and I hope that Tom has the energy to do the dishes so I can cook up some supper. I just need to stop worrying and get clean and find a nice attitude. Tomorrow we go start the RDI process..it begins with the RDA evaluation, which takes about a week's worth of time to do. I'm so happy to get going with this, especially with Eli having slept and having a sweet attitude today.

The next thing for our family is teaching our kids to eat yummy nutritious snacks. I've allowed a few things that I'm hating now. Lollipops are a big problem. Cookies, Chips, etc. Today I asked Sophie what she wanted for lunch and she insisted on fries. I told her yes, but that from today on, she would only get food I gave her. For breakfast I gave her grapes and corn flakes (without milk). It took some doing to let her understand there wasn't going to be anything else, but once she did, she ate. I think it's going to be a battle, but it's a battle better fought now than when she is 4 or 5. Eli is harder than her because of his oral motor issues and because he doesn't really like utensils...though now he will use a spoon very well for soy ice cream at the least.

That's enough for one day..I'll try to remember to write tomorrow about the RDI process!

2 comments:

Three's Company said...

I'm glad you're doing this. The little window into your world is wonderful. And who can't relate to poop!

Inara de Luna said...

I think this is an excellent idea, for so many reasons. Personally, I'm glad to be able to keep up with what's going on with you all. I miss you!