Monday, April 30, 2007

The Rest of the Weekend..

I kept myself pretty busy yesterday.. I woke up and looked around our clutter filled apartment and just said, Ok, that's it. So we went into full on spring cleaning mode, getting laundry all squared away, all the dishes done and put away, counters cleared, etc. And then I sent the kids and Tom out for a while and I shampooed all the rugs in the apartment, well, steam cleaned actually.

Today I got up and was just..ahhhh, I don't have to do much today except pick up and be mom. The rug looks great, for a change, the floors are all mopped where there isn't rug..the bathrooms are sparkly..the kitchen is clean. I do have some folding to do, but I can deal with that :D

Last night, Sophie wouldn't sleep again, so we were up watching sprout and hanging out together when a gigantic palmetto bug flew by. I think it was somewhere around 1:30am..I jumped up and freaked out and woke up Tom to go kill it. I'm such a girl! By the time I got him out there, we couldn't find the thing, so I just put up with the whiny crying stuff from Sophie and we stayed in our room so I wouldn't spend my night wide eyed searching for the bug. This morning I even made Tom go out and clear the room before I could go out there. I really hate bugs that size. I can handle the tiny midge things that are all over here in Florida, but not the giant bugs!

So, this morning it was especially hard for he and I to get out of bed..took a good hour of snooze alarms to get moving. But I did it..and Tom nicely took Eli to school for me so I could rest up a bit before really getting going. Plans for today are to start a crochet top for Sophie and just keep up with keeping it nice in here, for my own sanity if nothing else. And fold laundry.

I'm sure I'll have more to say later on!

No comments: